Today is the market leader in the insurance sector.
It started its operations back in 1818 under the name “Hindustan Insurance society” but later on changed itself to Life insurance corporation of India.
Being a 200 year old company they are well equipped with desired expertise. And this makes them the most respected company not only in India but in abroad as well. Today they are present in:
- United kingdom,
- Shri lanka etc.
LIC is one of the largest and oldest companies in India that offers a big range of products.
Their portfolio is so wide that sometimes it’s really hard to pick one. Here is the long list for you to consider:
Endowment plans from LIC
|Plans||What they mean to you…?|
|Single premium endowment plans||Investment cum protection plan from LIC where premium is paid all at once.|
|New Endowment plan.||Offers guaranteed returns along with bonuses. Accidental death or disability benefit rider also comes along with the plan.|
|New Jeevan Anand.||Death benefits will either be 125% of the basic sum assured or 10 times the annual premium paid.
But in any case it won’t be less than 105% of all the premiums paid.
|Jeevan Rakshak.||You get a loyalty bonus which is paid either on maturity or to the nominee if death happens after 5 policy years.|
|Limited Premium plan.||Name says it all. Premiums are limited under this plan.
For e.g. you can buy a plan for 20 years and will only have to pay for 15 years. Check out for more
|Jeevan Lakshya||On the death of the insured, nominees receive 10% of the life cover on every successful completion of the policy year, till maturity. To catch more on Jeevan lakshya read this detailed post|
Money Back plans from LIC
|Plans||What do they mean...!|
|New money back plan 20 years||You receive periodic payments on survival that is 20% of the basic sum assured after every 5th, 10th and 15th policy year.|
|New money back plan 25 years.||Death benefits are either 125% of the basic life cover or 10 times the annual premium.
Survival benefits are 15% of the basic life cover after every 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th year.
|New Bima Bachat||On death of the policy holder within first 5 policy years, nominees will receive “The Sum Assured”.
And if he dies after completing 5 years then loyalty bonus will also be paid.
He survives the policy period then he will be paid:
15% of the life cover at the end of every 3 years.
|New Children money back plan.||Child specific plan for kids in the age range of 0 to 12 years.
On the successful completion of 18, 20 and 22nd year of the policy your kids receives 20% of the life cover.
|Jeevan Tarun||Is very much similar to Children money back plan. Here a kid in the age range of 90 days to 12 years can be insured for a minimum sum of Rs.75,000/-|
Term Assurance Plans from LIC
|Plans||What do they mean...!|
|Anmol Jeevan II plan||It’s a pure protection plan from LIC, where you can get insured for a maximum sum of Rs.24 lac.|
|Amulya Jeevan II plan||The plan starts with a minimum life cover of Rs.25 lac and extends to no limit.
Since Amulya Jeevan is a term plan thus you get no maturity benefits.
|e-Term||Term insurance plan from LIC that takes care of your insurance needs Online.
Since no intermediary will be involved thus you will get the best buy.
|New Term assurance rider||A rider can be attached with any basic plan that can provide financial protection against death of the policy holder.|
With every plan from LIC in front of you, things should be clearer, now. But if you feel like you are still finding it hard to choose the best insurance plans from LIC then consider these:
1. eTerm insurance plan:
If you want to consider the most affordable plan and still want to stay insured then consider eTerm from LIC.
It’s an “Online insurance plan” that covers your life financially against any threat. In case if any unfortunate thing happens to the life of the insured then his family can always feel safe.
It is the cheapest term plan in the sense that no intermediary is involved. There are no insurance agents or brokers involved. Thus, what you pay is pure premium and no commission. As no commission is paid thus what you get is the most affordable plan in return.
What is this policy…?
- The insurance plan can be filed online.
- Policy can be bought for a basic sum assured of Rs.25 lac.
- People in the age group of 18 to 60 years are eligible to buy the plan.
- There are no maturity benefits but nominees get the full sum assured on the death of the policy holder.
2. Jeevan Sangam:
To avail guaranteed return, Jeevan sangam is probably your best bet. Its single premium policy that keeps you financially protected for life.
Benefits you receive…
- On maturity of the policy, not only the insured receives the entire sum assured but loyalty bonuses are also paid.
- In case of death of the insured, nominees are paid 10 x the value of the single premium paid.
- Loan facility can be easily availed by keeping the policy as security.
- If want immediate cash or don’t feel like continuing the policy any further then you can easily surrender the policy. You will be paid 70% of the premium value if the policy is surrendered in the 1st year itself, otherwise 90% will be paid.
Want to cherish your life then invest in Jeevan Akshay and you will bless me forever.
The reason why I favor Jeevan Akshay is because it provides you a fixed sum every single year (annuity) for the rest of your life that starts with your first premium.
Since your annuity starts immediately after the premium payout, this helps you secure your financial life.
What the plan offers you…?
- You get a fixed sum every single year for life.
- The policy is a single premium scheme which lets you enjoy for life by just paying once.
- The plan is highly flexible as you get 7 different annuity options to choose from.
- Annuity is paid at a standard rate. It is paid for 5 to 20 years with a gap of every 5 years. It doesn’t matter if the insured is alive or not as the annuity is then paid to the annuitant.
- Though standard plan gives you uniform payouts but with increasing annuity you increase your annuity by 3% per annum. Thus is a very good source to fight inflation.
4. New Children Money back policy:
The plan was only launched in the first quarter of 2015 and has gain popularity since then.
Meant to secure financial future of your kids the plan can help fund their education and marriage. Any child under the age of 0-12 can be covered under this plan.
Since it is meant to provide protection to your child thus LIC has made the plan very affordable. You can insure your kids for a minimum cover of Rs.1 lac. the premium of which can be paid at your own flexibility.
Though insurance will be the ultimate benefit you will buy for your kids, but you will get the advantage of availing loan as well. You would be able to buy loan after completing 3 years of paying premium.
The policy is a money back plan from LIC thus you get your cash back in the following order which you can put to use the way you want.
- 20% of the life cover when your child completes his 18th
- Next 20% on completion of 20th
- Yet another 20% on 22nd
- On your child’s 25th year the policy matures and you are paid back your rest of the 40% along with any accrued interest.
It’s a regular paying premium plan that yields you bonus in the long run. The benefit you get out of this plan is that if you don’t want to continue paying premium then you can simply surrender the policy after 3 years of the policy purchase. And you will get the guaranteed surrender value.
On death of the policy holder the nominee will receive the life cover which will be the highest of either:
- Basic life cover,
- 105% of all the premiums paid as on the date of death,
- 10 times the yearly premium.
LIC is a well established and one of the most respected companies in India. And their every policy is crafted with utmost care. Thus, every scheme is best, provided you should know what you want.
Think twice before you leap and you will be offer the best.